Dennis Banks Calls for American Indian Movement National MeetingTweet
American Indian Movement National Meeting
October 22 – October 25 2014
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Green Bay, WI
Dennis Banks, founding member of the American Indian Movement, has issued a call for the reinvigorating of AIM. Banks, who served as the National Field Director of AIM, calls for a National and International gathering of AIM families, chapters, support groups and individuals to be held in October in Green Bay, WI.
All members past, present and future generations are encouraged to attend.
The gathering seeks to address issues impacting Indian Country such as:
1. Keystone XL Pipeline
2. Non compliance of several states on ICWA (Indian Child Welfare Act)
3. Non compliance of several states on NAGPRA (Native American Grave Protection and Rehabilitation Act.
Also to be covered:
1. Allow for the development of Youth and Elder groups to form under the National umbrella of AIM.
2. To create senior advisory groups of AIM to assist and guide new leadership.
3. That all AIM Members who are officials of AIM, be retired at the age of 60; they will be grandfathered into the advisory group.
Boarding Schools- There will be a International Tribunal on the Abuse of Indigenous Human Rights sponsored by Blue Skies Foundation.
For more information contact the National Field Office at 763 242-4242 or on-line at: https://www.facebook.com/events/353140644845919/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular